Think Outside. No Box Required.
Our Dyslexia Camp Program
Every camper is special, and each one learns differently. That means our diverse and highly trained staff work one on one with campers on a skill-enhancing program that is personal & individualized, sometimes even going outside the box / classroom to help youth ages 6 - 17 strenghen and grow in their reading & language skills. We use an Orton-Gillingham language-based teaching approach, which is the most effective and beneficial method to teaching dyslexic children.
We start by giving every camper comprehensive standardized diagnostic tests before and after camp to help guide where we should begin the tutoring program, and to support the parents with a report of our academic recommendations when camp is over so that every child is able to continue the progress made at Quest Camp.
Each day is also filled with a variety of fun and exciting outdoor activities on property that are designed to help campers with their creativity, self-esteem, confidence, & encourage positive attitudes. There are also weekend camping field trips to some of the most unique and highly regarded destination attractions, right in our own back yard.
Academics & Outdoor Adventures
Quest Camp uses an Orton-Gillingham approach to tutoring. Every camper receives daily one hour instruction for each of the following:
- 1-on-1 Tutoring: Intensive and personalized tutoring in reading, spelling, writing and composition.
- Study Hall: Working on individual assignments provided by camper's personal tutor to continue lessons & help independent study skills.
- Fluency: One-on-one oral reading & keyboard (older campers) / literacy circle (younger campers).
- Composition: Develop important writing skills.
- Art, Science, Robotics: Create pottery, paint and then bake the pots in our very own kiln. Also have fun with hands on Science, Robotics & Engineering projects.
At Kids & Teen Quest, campers are never bored. We make sure to keep campers engaged in hands-on experiences, learning fun new things, with a variety of outdoor activities on our private 630 acre wilderness retreat.
- Kentucky Wilds: Each week campers get to experience either one hour of Kentucky Wilds or Horsemanship every day in addition to our other exciting outdoor activities. Campers develop outdoor skills, including orienteering, natural history, survival skills, shelter building, edible and medicinal plant identification, archery, shooting, fishing, nature hiking and tracking.
- Horsemanship: Campers get our incredible Equine Experience, learning, and loving the time spent with the horses and all the barn animals.
- Zip & Climb: Soar on our 720-foot long zipline, overcome our outdoor 40-foot climbing wall (indoor climbing wall too), or speed down our 3-story tower slide.
- Leadership Development: Campers learn to work together as a team and develop leadership skills. As well as encouraging each other on personal achievements when taking on challenging elements.
- Performing Arts: Martial Arts, Drama, Dance, and Music.
- Sports: Soccer, Volleyball, Kayaking, Frisbee Golf, and more...
Weekend Field Trips
For our residential campers who stay with us 24/7 for multiple weeks, and meet the age restrictions on relevant activities (alternative options for younger kids), they have the possibility to join our staff in camping outdoors and visit some of these exciting destinations.
- Creation Museum & Ark Encounter - One of a kind Museums where the Bible really comes to life.
- Red River Gorge - Climb the world famouse Gorge and take in beautiful scenery and trails.
- Mammoth Cave - Travel the longest cave system in the world.
- Cumberland Falls - Dare the exciting white water rapids.
- Mega Cavern - Fly through the worlds only fully underground Zip Line.
- Newport Aquarium & Cincinnati Zoo - World renowned parks.